Vampy lips totally made a comeback on the red carpet at the 2012 MET Ball and Lana Del Rey, Camilla Belle and Kate Bosworth were just a few who rocked the look. To learn how you too can nail dark lipstick, check out the tips below.
* Pick the right shade. If you have fair skin tones, go for brick red or berry; medium skin tones should stick to burgundy and maroon; while dark skin tones can pull off wines and browns.
* Prep your lips. Exfoliate them to remove dead skin and apply the lipstick can go on more evenly.
* Precision is a must. To prevent bleeding, clean up your lip line with a brush dipped in concealer and line your lips with a lip liner in a similar shade before and after applying the lipstick.
* Dark matte colors can have an aging effect and make your lips appear thinner. To make the look more wearable, add a dash of gloss like Camilla. Just make sure you don’t go overboard as too much glosses can cause the color to migrate more easily.
* With so much focus on the lips, it is best to keep the rest of your face simple. Stick with a neutral eye, understated blush and clean brows.
Note: In the picture above, Kate Bosworth is wearing NARS Volga Pure Matte Lipstick while Camilla rocks ck one lipstick in smooch topped with ck one lipgloss in mad.