Echoing the bright prints and ’60s vibe in the Peter Som Spring 2012 Collection, Tom Pecheux working for M·A·C Cosmetics gave models “cool, playful makeup” with a “banana purple eye” while Wella Professionals’ Eugene Soulieman created “bad hair for a bad girl coming from a rich family”.
• M·A·C PRO Sculpt Sculpting Powder Pro Palette — blended over natural looking skin to emphasize contours
• Fleur Power Powder Blush and Peaches Sheertone Blush — blended together and softly dusted over the apples of cheeks with 129 Brush for a flush
• Young Venus In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow (available Spring/Summer 2012) — dusted over the eyelids with 242 Brush for a soft highlight
• Fig. 1 Eye Shadow and MAC Pro Indian Ink Small Eye Shadow Pro Palette — blended together with 219 Brush to define the crease with a hard, rounded contour
• M·A·C PRO Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil — applied through the lower lashline to define
• Coal Black Pro Lash Mascara — applied over upper and lower lashes
• Innocence, Beware! Lipstick (available Spring/Summer 2012) — rubbed into lips for a natural glossy stain
For a ’60s inspired look with a modern twist, the hair features a deep side part with hair swooped to the opposite side of the face and tousled with texture that takes the finish out of the hair but maintains the style. Custom-colored natural hair extensions in warm pastel shades varying from rose gold, peach, apricot, and salmon were also clipped along the hairline. Simply put, “it’s an undone ‘do approached in a classic way,” says Eugene.
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Enrich shampoo, conditioner, and treatment to moisturize dry or damaged hair. This regimen strengthens hair against damage, while leaving hair shiny and smooth without weighing it down.
2. Prime wet hair for style with Velvet Amplifier, which prepares hair to maximize the benefits of styling products.
3. Blow out hair with a large round brush to create volume and movement, then lightly mist dry hair with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray.
4. Create a deep side part with hair swooping over the side of the face and pin hair underneath to keep it in place.
5. Using a large barrel curling iron, set several curls in place with remaining hair down the center of the head for added lift.
6. Unravel the curls and tousle with your hand after a few sprays of Ocean Spritz to create a light, textured feel.
Photos: Courtesy of M·A·C Cosmetics and Wella.