At the 2011 Oscars tonight, Scarlett Johansson wore a gorgeous magenta lace Dolce & Gabbana dress with a young, modern shag and smoky bronze eye makeup. Learn how Frederic Fekkai hairstylist, Duffy, created her ‘do after the jump.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brushto create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation.
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this action throughout, bearing in mind the way the root falls.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
How did you get the insider secrets so quickly? The show was just over a couple hours ago! Unless these are your own instructions on how to do it…?
*lol* PR people work fast, what can I say? =)