Gold eye makeup has always been a popular choice on the Spring/Summer runways and at the Ruffian S/S 2011 show, MAC makeup artist James Kaliardos created “an American ex-pat adapting to the French culture” look using a neutral palette with a pop of gold.
* Lady Blush Blushcreme – blended high on the cheeks
* Refined Deeper Bronze Bronzing Powder – applied to the temples and the cheeks as a contour
* Golden Lemon Pigment – touched onto cheekbones as a highlight
* Pearl Cream Color Base – blended over the eyelids
* Center Stage Mega Metal Shadow and MAC Pro Rose Gold Metal Pigment – blended through the crease of the eye and winged out toward the temples
* Golden Lemon Pigment – placed in the center of the lid and smudged onto the inner and outer corners of the eyes
* I Get No Kick Eye Kohl – drawn onto the lower water lines of the eyelids
* #33 Lashes – applied to top lashes only and blended with Plushblack Plush Lash Mascara
* MAC Pro Dim Lip Erase – toning down the natural color of the lips
* So Vain Kissable Lip Color – blended over Lip Erase with a lip brush
The nails were created by CND and featured Ruffian’s signature half-moon design. To recreate the beige and black look, try using one coat of CND Putty with one coat of CND Washed Down White on top and CND Blackjack on the moon and tip.
Credits: Zimbio and AllLacqueredUp.