Ladies, it is official – color mascaras are back! Not only are they great for adding a pop of color to your face without breaking the bank, all it takes is a minute for you to put some on. Plus you can wear alone for a more dramatic look or layer over a coat of black mascara for a subtle tint.
It has been a while since I wore color mascaras but my first mascara was a mauve color from The Body Shop. And now that the 80s are back in full swing, you have no excuse not to put some color on those lashes.
Maria Menounos and Rihanna rocking blue mascara
How To Choose A Color Mascara
* Cobalt/Electric Blue – one of the must-have colors for this fall. Works best on dark eyes and blue eyes.
* Navy – makes the whites of your eyes appear whiter.
* Brown – gives the most natural effect. Suitable for any hair color and eye color.
* Burgundy/Plum – makes green/hazel eyes pop. Yves Saint Laurent makes one that Madonna and all the pros swear by.
* Teal/Turquoise – great for dark eyes.
* NYX Cosmetics Infinity Mascara comes in 16 different colors, ranging from your normal shades of black and brown to colors like baby pink and bronze and the best part? They are only $5 each!
* Estee Lauder’s latest Sumptuous Color Bold Volume Lifting Mascara comes in 5 vividly rich, jewel-tone shades of Amber, Garnet, Sapphire, Amethyst and Emerald, that will work on any eye color.
Stay tuned for pics of me wearing different color mascaras!