We still chuckle (along with all of Manhattan) over the now-famous New Yorker cover illustration of “Newyorkistan.” Cheeky, witty, always amusing, Maira’s illustrations are cute and colourful, wonderfully child-like, playful…and sophisticated all at once. Technakohl Liners and Maira’s Magical thinking Eye Shadows are made for the MAC Artist with a sense of mischief and a deep desire to be defiantly different. Warm and eccentric at the same time, Maira’s faces are full of cock-eyed optimism, with the tiniest smidge of city-girl-snobbism…simply, scrumptiously, stupendously sublime!
* Crest the Wave – Rich yellow (Frost) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
* Off the Page – Mid-tone mustard orange (Frost) (Limited Edition)
* Haunting – Light turquoise blue (Satin) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
* Violet Trance – Deep blue purple (Matte) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
* Purple Shower – Mid-tone magenta with silver pearl (Satin) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
* Maira’s Magic – Yellow pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Technakohl Liners ($14.50)
* Full of Fuschia – Deep blue magenta (Limited Edition)
* Artistic License – Bright turquoise blue (Limited Edition)
* Obviously Orange – Mid-tone coral (Limited Edition)
* Colour Matters – Bright lime (Limited Edition)
* Graphblack – Rich graphic black (Permanent)
The collection will be available on August 20th, 2009.
Image credits: Next Media.