There’s that famous close-up of Tom Ford’s belly button, part of the “Pathology of Glamour” that this artist renders with luminous, almost hallucinatory colour and painterly photo-realism… Erotic imagery that zooms in on a succulently wet, red lip, a dappled, sequined eye, or a silverized stiletto splashing in the mud. The Whitney Biennial Artist says she’s “Never met a model who actually thinks she’s beautiful,” and that observation goes a long way to explain how she connects to what MAC wants to say about all-inclusiveness we’re ALL beautiful sometimes. Pigments in Push the Edge and Copper and Gold Glitter have the power to make anyone feel like they WILL be seen and desired.
Pigments & Glitters ($19.50)
* Brash & Bold – Bright magenta (Limited Edition)
* Push the Edge – Deep bright purple with pearl (Limited Edition)
* Cocomotion – Dirty gold with olive undertone and gold sparkle (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
* Heritage Rouge – Deep burgundy with red and brown pearl (Permanent at PRO)
* Fuschia – Sparkling fuschia (Permanent at PRO)
* Gold – Sparkling chunky gold (Permanent at PRO)
* Reflects Rust – Sparkling warm red (Permanent at PRO)
* Reflects Copper – Sparkling saffron (Permanent at PRO)
Gloss Texture ($18)
* Clear (Permanent at PRO)
Plushlash Mascara ($13)
* Plushblack – True black (Permanent)
The collection will be available on August 20th, 2009.
Image credits: Next Media.