Need ideas for prom? Check out supermodel/actress Devon Aoki‘s recent appearances at the 62th Cannes International Film Festival!
Devon might only be 5’5 but she sure knows how to rock long, flowy dresses. At the “Spring Fever” Premiere, she wowed the crowd in a violet one-shoulder Alberta Ferretti gown with a Swarovski clutch and Chopard earrings .
At the Chopard “Cascade” Perfume Launch Party, Devon looked stunning a in a gorgeous chartreuse Roberto Cavalli strapless gown with a Chopard necklace.
* When it comes to the dress, ditch the regular black, red and white and choose one in a different color. Devon took a risk and went with colors we don’t normally see on the red carpet and guess what, it worked and made her stand out so much more from everyone else.
* Accessorize accordingly. See how Devon kept her look simple yet chic by pairing the chunky necklace with a tube dress and leaving the dangling earrings for the one-shoulder dress? Wearing too much jewelry can actually ruin the look so know when to stop.
Besides her *beautiful* dresses, Devon’s hair and makeup are simply perfect!
* You can never go wrong with hair that is tied up. Updos and pony tails are a great (and easy) way to add a bit of glamour to the look.
* Smoky eyes in neutral shades are almost fool-proof. Play up your eyes with smoky taupes and browns for a soft, sultry look.
* Using a highlighting color can really make your eyes pop. To open up her eyes, Devon highlighted her brow bone with a shimmery color and lined her lower waterline in white on the left and dabbed a shimmery silver/white color on the inner corner on the right.
* Wearing a bit of blush and a your-lips-but-better lip color like Devon did will instantly add warmth to your skin, avoiding your face to look washed out from the flash.