This summer, we are seeing lots and lots of candy colors everywhere. The good news is not only do they look super delicious, they are surprisingly wearable too. The key is to focus on one feature and play it up.
Eyes colored in rich teals, bold violets and fresh greens are oh-so-hot right now! Just look at the Prescriptives Exhilarating and YSL African Treasures collections above. To rock the look, follow the tips below:
* Use a primer to help bright colors stay vibrant without creasing. My pick? Urban Decay Primer Potion and Lumene Eye Makeup Base.
* Only wear up to 3 colors at a time. Anything more is an overkill.
* Wearing too many metallic/shimmery colors can make you look like a Vegas girl. Matte or satin formulas are better for the everyday look.
* To balance the look, apply lots of mascara. You can also add in a neutral shade like brown or gray on the crease to create depth.
* If the idea of blending different eyeshadows together seems daunting to you, an easy way to wear this trend is to use different color eyeliners along the top and bottom lash lines. You can mix orange with green, teal with purple – the combos are endless!
* For the super color-shy, add a pop of color by using a color mascara in colors like turquoise and violet.
The lips we are seeing this summer are definitely brighter and glossier than ever. To achieve the look, use a brush to apply a lipstick with a shiny finish. If you are not used to color, try a lip stain topped with a bit of clear gloss. Color-wise, tomato red, bright orange and fuchsia are some of the best choices.
Flirt! Cosmetics’ 80’s-inspired Candy Stripes collection
So go ahead, play up those gorgeous eyes or killer lips. Just remember to keep the rest of your face subtle with a tinted moisturizer and a bit of blush for a healthy glow.
Stay tuned for my take on this look!