The new Mineralize Blush Duos ($22.50) have a marbelized mélange on one side (just like the tri-color veinings you see on the regular Mineralize Skinfinish) and a complementary shimmery mono-shade on the other.
Like the regular Mineralize Blushes, they are super pigmented and need to be applied with a light hand. They are very shimmery (especially the marbelized side) just like the Mineralize Eyeshadow Duos and the shimmer tends to more refined in certain shades and chunkier in others.
All the colors are gorgeous and look darker in person. I also find the brown duos to be very similar to one another. As a blush, I definitely prefer the regular Mineralize Blushes over these but I still ended up bringing Love Rock, Grand Duo and Moon River.
From left to right (top to bottom):
* Light over Dark – Orange yellow mélange / Deep brown
* Earth to Earth – Purple bronze mélange / Yellow brown
* Hot Planet – Copper yellow mélange / Mid-tone plum
* Moon River – Blue pink mélange / Pale yellow pink
* Love Rock – Gold violet mélange / Bright blue pink
* Intenso – Pink gold mélange / Terracotta rose
* Grand Duo – Copper pink mélange / Plum
The #188 Brush ($34) is a smaller version of MAC’s #187 Stippling Brush. It has a flat top and is meant for lightweight application and blending of fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Like the #187, it is made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibers and feels very soft. The size makes it great for smaller areas but if you already own the #187 like I do, skip this.
Check out the MAC Grand Duos Collection Swatches Part I and Part II.