Taking inspiration from the 1940s reflecting the surrealist images of photographer Lee Miller, along with a bit of 80’s rock and roll glam, NARS makeup artist Diane Kendal created a strong look without being too girly for the Thakoon Fall 2009 show.
“The look is all about the eyes with soft matte lips for contrast,” said Kendal. To bring strength to the face, she focused on creating smoky eyes and full brows, while downplaying the lips and keeping skin fresh with a light brushing of blush for a healthy glow.
* Moisturize the entire face with NARSskin Hydrating Moisture Cream.
* Apply NARS Concealer as needed, to cover any imperfections.
* Use a minimal amount of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (new for Fall 2009).
* Lightly stroke NARS Blush in Gilda on the apples of the cheeks.
* Use NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Mambo to line upper lashes and crease. Blend over entire lid and up to brows, keeping dense color by lash line.
* Line lower lashes with the same eyeliner and gently blend.
* Use NARS Single Eyeshadow in Bali to fill in brows.
* Draw a very thin line on upper lashes with NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Black (new for Fall 2009).
* Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler.
* Apply NARS Lip Therapy Treatment in Rain to the entire lip.
* Lightly pat a small amount of NARS Concealer over Rain to take down color.
Image credits: NARS and Style.com