To go with the organic look Kate and Laura Mulleavy designed for the Rodarte Fall 2009 collection, MAC makeup artist James Kaliardos did a stone face. “The idea behind it is sculpture – to deconstruct and reconstruct the face in an abstract way emphasizing each part.” said Kaliardos.
* Pure White Paint Stick blended into skin for a pale white base under the eyes and wrapped up toward the temples in a “c” shape .
* Frozen White Pigment blended over Paint Stick for a satin frost .
* Warm Light Sculpting Powder brushed from under the cheek bone up to the temples in at sharp angle for severe contouring.
* Scene Eyeshadow placed in a thick line in the crease and tapered toward the outer portion of the eye.
* Warm Light Sculpting Powder diffused from inner corners of the crease of the eye lids and pulled out in a linear shape straight toward the temples to the hairline.
* Frozen White Pigment placed precisely in the inner corners of the eyes.
* Dark Brown Cream Color Base, Polished Ivory, Pure White and Black Black Paint Sticks blended together to create a stone gray/brown lip.
* Frozen White Pigment to highlight the bow of the lips.
Images: Style.com and MAC Cosmetics.