With the kick-off of Fashion Focus Chicago 2008, the official makeup sponsor of the fashion week, Lancome, has launched a special makeup collection called the Fashion Focus Backstage Beauty Collection.
Inspired by the unique sense of style of Chicago women and the city’s beautiful architecture, the collection was hand-picked by Lancome’s national makeup artist Alex Sanchez. It features a gorgeous range of chic neutrals that are not only perfect for fall but would look great on women of all skin tones.
Products from the collection will be used by Alex to create different looks for all five runway shows and they include:
* Color Design Palette in Golden Glitz ($42)
* Color Design Blush in Freeze Frame ($27)
* Color Fever Shine Lipstick in Femme Fire ($25)
* Color Fever Gloss in Hotness ($23)
* Artliner in Noir ($28)
* Le Crayon Khol in Black Coffee ($23.50)
* Hypnose Mascara in Black ($24)
* Blending Shadow Brush #17 ($26)
The collection is now available exclusively at selective Chicago Macy’s locations – State Street, Water Tower, Old Orchard and Woodfield – until October 31st. A portion of the proceeds will also go to The Chicago Fashion Incubator (CFI) to help support six emerging Chicago-based designers.
Product Swatches (With and without flash)
My Thoughts On The Collection
This collection is *beautiful*! The eyeshadows in the Color Design Palette are all smooth, pigmented and so easy to blend. Plus since they are simple neutrals, you can’t really go wrong with the colors.
The Black Coffee Kohl liner, which is one of Alex’s favorites, is a dark brown color that is great for definition without the harsh effects of black eyeliner. It goes on very smoothly without any tugging or pulling and you can smudge it out for a soft sultry look.
As for my favorite item? The Freeze Frame blush! The color is a soft shimmery light pink and the texture is very creamy and blendable. You can use it as a blush or dab it under the brow bone, along the bridge of your nose and on the cheekbone as a highlighter. Alex used this on me and it made my skin look so nice an dewy!! Loves it!!
A Few Tips From Alex
* When it comes to eyeshadows, you don’t always have to use all the colors that come in the palette. For a simple day look, two colors – a light one on the lid and a darker one to line – should suffice.
* Use a lash conditioner like the Cils Booster Mascara Enhancing Base before applying mascara for uber luscious lashes.
* Alex’s all-time favorites from Lancome? The Le Crayon Khol in Black Coffee and their best-selling mascara, Definicils.
* Take care of your skin! Get your beauty sleep, drink lots of water and wear sunscreen.
I also got to watch Alex work his magic on the models backstage for the Gen Art show. Stay tuned for more pictures and a breakdown of the look!