We all know red lips is hot hot hot this season and at the backstage of Focus Fashion Chicago 2008’s Allure of Couture show, lead makeup artist Alex Sanchez from Lancome takes the look to a whole new level and gives us the 411 on how to nail it.
Products Used For The Show
* Le Crayon Khôl Eyeliner in Blanc
* Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Noir
* Color Design Eyeshadow in Drape, Chic and Faux Pas
* Le Crayon Poudre Powder Pencil for the Brows
* Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
* Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara
* Color Design Blush in Freeze Frame from the Fashion Focus Backstage Beauty Collection
* Blush Subtil in Miel Glacé
* L’Absolu Rouge in Berry Noir
* Le Lipstique Lipcolouring Stick with Brush in Raisinberry
* Color Fever Gloss in Up In Smoke
Alex’s Tips: How To Do The Perfect Red Lips
1. Starting by applying a blue-based lipstick with a brush.
2. Use a lip pencil to fill in the shape and blend for a no-lined look.
3. Blot once with a tissue and reapply the lipstick.
4. Top with a clear gloss, applying more on the bottom lip to create the illusion of fuller lips.
5. Clean up the edges with a brush dipped in concealer. Voila! Hot red lips!
Love this post? Check out the look at Gen Art’s Fresh Faces in Fashion as well!