For Gen Art’s Fresh Faces in Fashion at Fashion Focus Chicago 2008, Lancôme’s national makeup artist Alex Sanchez created a street chic look for the young and hip models.
Granite colors were smudged around the eyes to create a city vibe, brows filled in with pencil for a strong look, mascara and false lashes applied for thick lashes and lips painted in nude colors.
Makeup sheet for the show
Model Sophie and Shaya
Models getting ready for the rehearsal
Products Used by Alex
Here is what I found on Alex’s workstation:
* Teint Idole Ultra Foundation in various shades
* Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup in various shades
* Le Crayon Poudre Powder Pencil for the Brows in various shades
* Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Filigree
* Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Kitten Heel
* Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Chic Matte
* Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Volcano
* Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in New Black
* Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black Toffee and Ebony
* Définicils High Definition Mascara in various shades
* Color Design Blush in Petticoat Pink
* Color Design Blush in Freeze Frame from the Fashion Focus Backstage Beauty Collection
* Star Bronzer Magic Bronzing Brush
* Le Lipstique LipColouring Stick with Brush in various shades
* Juicy Tube Smoothie in Hallucination
How To Achieve The Look
Alex turned our naturally beautiful model Angela into a sex kitten with the following steps:
Before and After
1. Alex filled in Angela’s eyebrows with Le Crayon Poudre Powder Pencil for the Brows and blended with the spoolie.
2. After mixing two different shades of Teint Idole Ultra Foundation, Alex painted the foundation onto Angela’s face with a foundation brush and blended everything with his fingers. The foundation was set with Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup with a big brush and extra powder was applied under the eyes.
3. Using Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Ebony, Alex drew a thin line very close to Angela’s upper lash line and smudged it onto her eyelid with his finger. Using the same liner, he lined Angela’s lower lash line. Next, he placed a Kleenex under her eye before smudging the liner outwards and onto the crease. A few eyeshadows were also smudged around the eye to smoke up the look.
4. Alex applied a few coats of the Définicils High Definition Mascara on Angela’s top and bottom lashes.
5. He lined Angela’s lips with Le Lipstique LipColouring Stick and applied Juicy Tube Smoothie in Hallucination on top.
6. To create a nice glow on Angela’s cheeks, Alex swiped Star Bronzer in a 3 motion and used Freeze Frame to highlight the brow bone, under the eye and her collarbone.
7. Finally, Alex sent Angela to his assistant where individual flared eyelashes by Shu Uemura were placed on the outer corners with a pair of tweezers and Duo’s Eyelash Adhesive in Dark Tone.
More Pics From The Show
The legendary Alex Sanchez and me (Alex used the Hallucination JT and Freeze Frame Blush on me in this picture)
Alex working his magic on the models