Eyeshadow Quads ($36)
Spiced Chocolate (LE)
This quad is definitely the prettiest and most unique. All colors are new except Nanogold, which is a repromote from the N collection. My favorite colors are Brash, a warm copper/red color and Sweet Chestnut, a dark maroon. They are both shimmery, highly pigmented and would make such a sultry look for fall.
* Nanogold – Sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (Lustre)
* Brash – Frosty reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl)
* Spiced Chocolate – Deep reddish brown (Matte)
* Sweet Chestnut – Frosted cranberry (Frost)
Tempting Quad (LE)
This is really pretty too but the only color that I think is worth checking out is the new color, Sharp. It is a shimmery green with lots of yellow in it and it looks a lot like MAC’s Bitter eyeshadow. All other colors are repromotes – Next to Nothing is from Smoke Signals, Dark Edge is from the N collection and Tempting is a permanent shade.
* Next to Nothing – Cream white with pink pearl (Frost)
* Sharp – Frosty bright yellow-green (Satin)
* Dark Edge – Dirty chocolate brown (Matte)
* Tempting – Sinfully rich coco (Lustre)
Shadowy Lady Quad (LE)
This too is a nice palette, especially if you are into cool colors. Light Fall and Smudged Violet are new colors while Deep Truth and Shadowy Lady are both repromotes from MAC’s permanent line. I personally *love* Smudged Violet! It is a shimmery taupe with purple undertones and I cannot seem to find any dupes from MAC’s existing colors.
* Light Fall – Light Pink (Satin)
* Smudged Violet – Frosty blackened lavender with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Deep Truth – Dark blue (Frost)
* Shadowy Lady – Darkly veiled plum (Matte)
These are all new and limited edition except Russian Red and O, which are both repromotes. I wanted a dark lip color for the fall so I picked up So Scarlet. Although it looks like a really dark red in the tube, it actually goes on a lot lighter. Plus the amplified creme formula makes it really easy to glide on and totally non-drying. My lips just look like they have been stained in a dark cherry color which is exactly the color that I am looking for. I am so glad I found this!
From Left To Right:
* Lightly Ripe – Sheer mid-tone pink (Lustre)
* Creme Cerise – Sheer yellow taupe (Lustre)
* O – Intense purplish-red with metallic golden shimmer (Frost)
* Russian Red – Intense bluish-red (Matte)
* So Scarlet – Grape burgundy (Amplified Creme)
These are all new and limited edition. Jampacked was the one that stood out to me so I tried it out at the counter. The color itself is like a lighter version of So Scarlet. It looks a little plummy in the tube but shows up more like a cherry color on my lips.
From Left to Right:
* Cherry Blossom – Sheer light pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Cult of Cherry – Red with red pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Rich & Ripe – Mid-tone pinkish red with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Jampacked – Sheer grape with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Liquor – Neutral brownish mauve with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
These are all limited edition and new except Rapturous, which is a repromote from the Mattene collection.
* Rapturous – Deep berry red
* Kirsch – Blackened cranberry
* Chock-ful – Blackened brown
* Bing – Blackened eggplant
Nail Lacquer ($11)
These are both limited edition and Illegal Purple is definitely one of the most-haves this season!
From Left to Right:
* Silverstruck – Frosted greyed taupe with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Illegal Purple – Creamy blackened eggplant (Cream)
These are also new and limited edition. They are both fairly pigmented and go on really smooth. Blooming is a peachy color that is a lot lighter than the picture below and while Plum du Bois is pretty to look at, it looks dirty on my NC30 skin.
From Left to Right:
* Blooming – Frosted deep peach (Frost)
* Plum du Bois – Frosted deep pink bronze with gold pearlized pigments (Frost)
* Zoomblack – Rich Black
Image credit: Spectra.net and Lushiousbabe and MAC.