Similar to the Rushmetal collection that was launched in 2007, the Overrich collection consists of eight highly metallic pigments. All colors are new except Mauvement, which is a repromote from Rushmetal and they will become permanent shades at the Pro stores except Mega-Rich – thank God!
* Blonde’s Gold – This “light tan with gold and white pearl” is so pretty and it shows up a shimmery champagne color on me. I love it as a highlighter or as a wash.
* Mauvement – This “cool taupe with gold pearl” repromote is similar to MAC’s Subtle pigment but has more mauve and a bit of gold shimmer in it. Gorgeous gorgeous color and definitely different from MAC’s other existing pigments. I already own it and I love it!
* Heritage Rouge – This “deep burgundy with red and brown pearl” is my favorite from this collection. It reminds me of MAC’s Maroon pigment and is such a sultry color! It also looks almost identical to the Sweet Chestnut from the Cult of Cherry Spiced Chocolate eyeshadow quad but is more pigmented. If you are going to get the Spice Chocolate quad, skip this one.
* Antique Green – This “turquoise green with gold pearl” looks like a darker version of MAC’s Teal pigment but on me, they both look pretty much the same.
* Mega-Rich – This is a “frosty burnt orange with gold pearl” and is the sheerest out of the bunch. On me, it shows up a golden orange color that is very similar to MAC’s Firespot eyeshadow. Loves it!
* Copperbeam – This is a “rusted brown with red pearl” that looks a lot like MAC’s Coco Beach pigment. It is a pretty color but since I already own Coco Beach, I passed on this one.
* Vintage Gold – This “tarnished green with green pearl” is definitely one of the prettiest in the collection. It is an olive color with gold undertones and reminds me a lot of MAC’s Sumptuous Olive and Mink and Sable eyeshadows. I just love how it makes my brown eyes pop and it looks great when paired with Antique Green.
* Museum Bronze – If you like browns, definitely do not pass on this “rich taupe with gold pearl”. The color is a rusty golden brown and is nothing like any of the existing colors.
Overall, I really like this collection and I think it is so much better than Rushmetal. All the colors are very rich and definitely great for fall. The textures are also excellent to work with, uber creamy and they go on so smoothly. If MAC keeps coming out with pigments like these, I am definitely going to go broke *lol*
Here is what I picked up:
Heritate Rouge, Mega-Rich, Blonde’s Gold, Museum Bronze, Vintage Gold and Antique Green
Image credit: Lushiousbabe.blogspot.com.