These are pretty but none of the colors really stood out to me. Most of them are really sheer except Port Red.
* Ahoy, There! – Sheer light dirty pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Glaze)
* Buoy-O-Buoy – Creamy neutral pink brown (Lustre)
* Port Red – Clean yellow red with gold pearl (Frost)
* Party Mate – Sheer mid-tone pink (Lustre)
Like the lipsticks, these come in pretty colors but not anything too special. My favorite ones are Hey Sailor and Love Knot.
* Bateaux – Neutral brown peach with white frost
* Ensign – Peachy pink with white and gold pearl
* Hey Sailor – Blue plum pink with white pearl flecks
* Love Knot – Sheer pink with blue and white duochrome
* Illegal Cargo – This frosty “mid-tone frosty greyed plum” looks exactly like the picture on the left and is gorrrrrgeous! Its pigmentation is great and it is really easy to blend. Unlike most plum colors, this is very cool-toned, so it will not make you look like you got bruised in the eye. I highly suggest pairing this with Pandamonium for a soft smoky look or Mutiny for a fun look .
* Shore Leave – This is a “pale frosty cream” in the Veluxe Pearl formula. Like all VP eyeshadows, it is super pigmented and blendable. The color reminds me of a cooler, brighter version of MAC Phloof eyeshadow. I would recommend this as a highlighter under the brow bone or a base.
* Submarine – This frosty “mid-tone frosty clear blue” is very similar to MAC Freshwater eyeshadow. It looks really bright in the pan but is not as pigmented as the Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow. Pretty but not for everyone.
* Meet the Fleet – This “matte midnight blue” looks nothing like the picture on the left. In person, it is a matte version of MAC Deep Truth eyeshadow – a dark blue that looks almost black. I really did not like the texture of it. It is very hard to blend and the pigmentation is horrible.
* Pandamonium – This “smoky grey with silver pearlized pigments” in the Lustre formula is a repromote from the Balloonacy collection (it was one of the colors in the Pandamonium quad). Like most Lustre eyeshadows, this is infused with glitter and is very pretty. It reminds me of a glittery yet less pigmented version of MAC Knight Divine eyeshadow.
* Lovely Lily – This is a repromote and the color is a “lilac with red pearl”. I do not see any red in this at all. On me, it is a very shimmery cool-toned lilac that flashes grey, kind of like a darker and more purplish version of Kitschmas pigment. Texture is very blendable and smooth. Very pretty and lasts really well.
* Bell-Bottom Blue: Described as a “frosty dirty blue with white pearl”, this looks a lot darker than the picture on the left and is often compared to MAC Blue Storm pigment. Personally, I find it a shimmery dark denim blue with really pretty white sparkles while Blue Storm is a darker navy blue minus the sparkles. Bell-Bottom Blue also seems to be less dense compared to Blue Storm.
* Lark About: This “sheer frosty white blue” really is a very sheer white with blue iridescence. It looks absolutely stunning and reminds me of MAC Quick Frost pigment. The color can also get really intense if you pack it on or use it wet. I am not a big fan of its texture though – it is definitely the chunkiest out of the four and is a little similar to MAC Helium pigment.
* Mutiny: The color of this frosty “clean sky blue with gold pearl” is very true to the picture. It is a very frosty aqua blue that would look so pretty paired with Bell-Bottom Blue or a dark plum. It also reminds me of MAC Azreal Blue and Aire De Blu pigments. It definitely has the same texture as Azreal Blue but color wise, Mutiny is a lot more green while Aire De Blu is more blue.
Stowaways Quad ($36)
This is a Nordstrom exclusive and is not available at regular MAC counters and stores. It consists of 3 new limited edition shades and 1 repromote. Overall, the colors are pretty but nothing too exciting and you can definitely find dupes easily.
* Awash – This “tanned ivory with gold and pink pearl” in the Frost formula is one of the LE shades. It is a shimmery ivory shade that highly resembles MAC Nylon and Ricepaper eyeshadows and would make a great highlighter under the brow bone.
* Crest the Wave – Although this “light, frosty yellow with yellow and white pearl” looks like a bright yellow in the pan, it shows up as a softer pastel yellow on my skin. It is really pretty and the most unique shade in this quad.
* Satin Taupe – This frosty “taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer” is a repromote that always seems to appear in MAC palettes. Personally I *love* the color! Not only does it make my eyes pop, it is very pigmented and easy to blend.
* Sea-Cadet – Unlike the picture on the left, this LE “grayed dark navy blue” Satin eyeshadow does look like a matte dark gray/navy blue color in person. The color itself did not really appeal much to me and it is poorly pigmented. This is definitely my least favorite shade in the quad.
Nail Lacquer ($10)
* Naughty Nautical – (Frost) Dark royal blue
* Shirelle – (Cream) Classic she’s a dame red (Repromote)
Techakohl Liner ($14.50)
* Smoothblue- Ocean blue with frost (Repromote)
* Greyprint- Rich pewter grey with frost (Repromote)
* Prolash in Coal Black
My Naughty Nauticals FOTD