Inspired by Alexander McQueen’s Fall 2007 collection, MAC for McQueen is all about dark bushy eyebrows, ultra pale lips and cat eyes colored in solid blues and greens from the eyelid all the way up to the eyebrow. Totally hot and purrrrfect for Halloween!
US Launch Date: 10/04/07
These are gorgeous, super fun and definitely not for those who cannot handle bright colors. Sadly, they all come in the Satin formula which makes them poorly pigmented and hard to blend.
* Pagan: This is a “yellow lime green with yellow pearl” which is comparable to MAC’s Bitter and Eyepopping eyeshadows except that it has more green in it. It will look cute on brown eyes.
* Haunting: This “seafoam green” is almost like a sparkleless version of MAC’s Aquadisiac eyeshadow and a slightly more matte version of MAC’s Metamorph eyeshadow. It is the most pigmented and versatile out of the three McQueen eyeshadows.
* Nile: Described as a “soft royal blue with white pearl”, this is similar to MAC’s Bang on Blue eyeshadow from the C-Shock collection. It is pretty and will make brown eyes pop.
Paint Pots ($16.50)
These come in the same colors as the eyeshadows, only in a different formula. They are creamy, blendable and non-drying. They work great as a base but can be worn alone. They are also a lot more pigmented than the eyeshadows and stay on forever. I would suggest getting these over the eyeshadows.
* Pharaoh: Creamy yellow green
* Otherworldly: Midtone sea blue
* Electro Sky: Royal intense blue
Mineralize Skinfinish ($24.50)
The Mineralize Skinfinish featured in this collection is New Vegas , a “fleshy golden beige with bronze pearl” which is a repromote. It is beauuutiful, very glittery and will work on most skin tones. When applied sparingly with my MAC’s #187 Stippling brush, it adds a glow to my NC30 skin more than color. I love using this to highlight my cheekbones and the inner corner of my eyes.
Both lipsticks in this collection are gorgeous and great for creating nude lips.
* Masque: This is a “rosy dirty pink” in the Satin formula. It is a very pretty nude pink color and is similar to MAC’s Viva Glam II lipstick, but with more pink undertones.
* Archetype: This is a “sheery light gold” in the Lustre formula. It is a tan beige color and a lot sheerer compared to Masque. Pretty but not exactly my cup of tea.
Both of these are uber pale with barely any color. They will give you tons of shine and can be used to tone down any lip color. Pretty but not very practical in my opinion.
* Nothingless: White gold with yellow pear
* White Magic: Soft baby pink with white pearl
These are all new and limited edition.
* Black Karat: Black with gold pearl (frost)
* Feline: Rich black
* Jealous: Black with green pearl
See my Alexander McQueen FOTD!