Here are the different ways to apply different kinds of eyeshadows as requested by Joselle. Click here to learn more about the different kinds of eyeshadows.
Always pat (never rub) when you apply powder eyeshadow. That way, the color will adhere to your skin better and stay more vibrant. You can use:
* Sponge tip applicators – pick ones with small pores
* Brushes – try MAC #239 Eye Shading Brush
* Brushes – try MAC’s #252 Larger Shader Brush
* Fingers – I personally would not recommend using fingers since your body oils can make cream eyeshadows crease more easily.
Like powder eyeshadow, the key is to pat it on. Wetting your brush with water or MAC Water Base Mixing Medium will also help the eyeshadow adhere to your skin.
* Brushes – try MAC’s #239 Eye Shading Brush
Apply directly onto the eye and blend.
These are probably the most difficult to master. Remember to always use sparingly and never put any powder underneath.
Rule of Thumb – Start with a small amount – you can always build up the color gradually. If you applied too much, simply blot the area with a Kleenex.
- Color Stories
- Face Of The Day
- Product Reviews