A reader requested guidelines on wearing eye makeup for contact lens wearers. I wear contacts (clear, color and circle lens) myself so here are a few tips you guys can use.
* Pop in your contacts before you apply any eye makeup. This way, you will be able to see more clearly and avoid any mistakes.
* Try not to rim your inner lash line to avoid tearing. But if you really need to do so, use a waterproof or smudge-proof liner. My picks are MAC Fluidline and Prestige Automatic Eyeliner.
* To avoid eyeshadow from dropping into your eyes and causing irritation, either use a cream formula or simply wet your brush before using powder eyeshadow.
* Pick a mascara with minimal flaking and smearing. I like CoverGirl LashBlast and L’oreal Voluminous.
* Remove contacts before you remove your eye makeup to avoid damaging them.
* Makeup Tips for Glasses Wearers
* What Are Circle Lenses?
- COLOR STORIES