We always see glowy skin on celebrities and models but not everyone is blessed with that. The good news is you can fake the glow with makeup and a few tricks tricks.
* Use a foundation with light-reflecting particles or shimmer in it. Just make sure the particles are super fine to avoid looking like a greaseball.
* Dust on a shimmery loose powder. I really like Clinique Gentle Light Powder for a soft, glowy effect.
* Mix a dime-size drop of liquid bronzer or highlighter into your foundation. My picks? Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator, MAC Strobe Cream and Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer.
* Blend a shimmery highlighter or blush along your temples, cheekbones and chin. Try NARS Multiple, Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick or MAC Mineralize Skinfinsh.
Rule of Thumb
* Shimmer does not equate glitter. You never ever want chunks of glitter on your face.
* Do not go overboard. If you are using a foundation with shimmer, keep the rest of your face shimmer-less to keep the look modern.
Image credit: Getty Images.