Finally saw Japanese manga-based movie Nana and totally loved it! Although I was never into the punk rock look, I have to say Mika Nakashima looked *really* good in it. Everything about her just looked awesome – hair, clothes and of course, makeup! And since one of Nana’s major looks is smoky eyes (my favorite), I am going to write about it today.
Here’s a breakdown Nana’s signature look:
* Smoky eyes
* Light eyebrows
* Pale skin
* Red lips
* Red/Black nails
Step-by-step Tutorial On Getting Nana’s Makeup Look
1. Do your foundation, concealer and powder as usual.
2. Lighten your eye brows by either using a lighter brow gel.
3. Dust an extra layer of loose powder under your eyes to catch any fall-out.
4. Color your entire eyelid with a black pencil eyeliner.
5. Apply a medium brown eyeshadow on your crease to increase depth. Blend downwards.
6. Apply a silver eyeshadow all over the eyelid, blending onto the crease.
7. Line your upper and lower lashlines with a black eyeliner. Use a liquid liner for more intensity or MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack if you do not have a steady hand.
8. Curl your eyelashes and apply two to three coats of mascara. For a more dramatic look, apply false lashes.
9. Sweep off the excess loose powder under your eyes.
9. Skip blush.
10. Pucker up in a red lipstick if you have pale skin. Go with a nude color if you are on the dark side.