Makeup brushes are probably one of the most important yet often overlooked beauty products. So what is so great about them? Using a brush not only gives you a more precise application, but is also a great tool for blending.
Below is a list of makeup brushes I believe everyone should have handy:
1. Small eyeshadow brush – use this to apply eyeshadow in the inner corner, on the crease or on the brow bone.
2. Medium eyeshadow brush – use this to apply eyeshadow all over the lid.
3. Large eyeshadow brush – use this for blending.
4. Liner brush – use this to line your top/lower lashes.
5. Spoolie /Clean mascara wand – use this to brush your eyebrows or blend brow color.
6. Blush brush – use this to apply blush or highlighter.
7. Powder brush – use this to apply powder or sweep off excess makeup.
8. Lip brush – use this to apply lipstick or concealer.
Tips On Using Makeup Brushes
* When buying eyeshadow brushes, pick ones with firm bristles. For blush/powder brushes, make sure the hair is soft enough.
* Clean your brushes every week. Wash them gently with a baby shampoo, lay them flat and let them air-dry.
* If you wear makeup all the time, it is wise to invest in a good set of brushes. They can last at least a couple of years if you take good care of them.
Tomorrow I will post more about other makeup tools. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or need recommendations.
Read my Must Have Makeup Tools Part II!
- Color Stories
- Face Of The Day
- Product Reviews