The London Fashion Week kicked off earlier this week and here is my little report on next spring/summer’s beauty trends.
* The nude look is still a bit hit, only this time it is paired with a pop of color on the lips.
* Strong eyebrows
* Eyes strongly defined with lots of eyeliner
at the outer corner.
Temperley London and Biba
Images: Getty Images and Elle.
Red lips are oh-so-hot this season. It is spotted all over the runway, in magazines and makeup counters. But before you dig up your reds and start wearing them away, read on for a few tips on how to do the perfect red lips:
* Any shade of red – strawberry, burgundy, cherry, berry – is hot! The only reds you should avoid are metallic and glittery red. Self-explanatory.
* As for the finish, matte is definitely the way to go but if you do not have a perfect lip line like me or you are not used to bright colors, use a lip gloss or stain instead. I *love* MAC Tinted Lipglass in Russian Red!
Hey ladies, sorry for not updating! I just got back from the world’s most awesome fashion capital, Milan. Jealous huh? Just kidding! Anyway, here is my little report on what’s hot in Milan (other than the Italian boys! *lol*)
Different styles are spotted all over Milan but they can be narrowed down to the following:
* Choppy with lots and lots of layers
* Long straight hair with bangs
* Variations of the mohawk (think fauxhawk, fanned hawk, deathhawk)
When it comes to makeup, the look is kept very simple and clean. Minimal colors are used on the eyes and lips and a monochromatic theme is the key here. Bronze skin is also a must.
As for accessories, you will never see a Milanese without:
* Aviator shades
* Chunky necklaces
* Dogs (they literally bring their dogs everywhere!)
Besides the nude look, one of the hottest makeup trend this year is gold eyeshadow. Designers like Celine, Anna Sui and Michael Kors all sent their models on the runway with eyes rimmed in gold as shown in the pictures below. But unlike the cool-toned gold with glitter look from before (think Foxy Cleopatra from Austin Powers), the gold eyeshadow we see this year is a lot softer and more towards the warm side.
Good news girls, the nude look is back! The look has been spotted all over the runway including Chloe, Calvin Klein, D&G etc. While the term “nude” may suggest going barefaced, it certainly does not mean so. Instead, pros are using close-to-complexion colors in second-skin textures along with a lot of layering to fake that flawless, au naturale look. Read on to find out how you can achieve the nude look!
Dolce & Gabbana and Calvin Klein