A lot of you have asked me how I can get my FOTDs to show up so clear so here are some tips I picked up from years of being a camera whore.
What I Use: Sony Cybershot DSC-T70. I have been using this for the past 2 years.
Besides meeting Liz Yu from Yaby Cosmetics at The Artist Summit, I also attended a seminar by makeup artist Kathy Aragon on how to nail that flawless camera-ready skin she is most famous for.
Purple eyeshadow is definitely one of those things you can wear any season with any skin color and eye color.
When it comes to eyeliner, blue is definitely Rihanna‘s signature color. Not only does the color go great with her caramel skin tone, it makes her hazel eyes look extra bright!
Rihanna with navy eyeliner and hot pink lips at the 2008 Nickelodeons Kids Choice Awards then again with a glittery, electric blue at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fashion’s Night Out.
Now that school has started, here are a few ways to keep you looking great for the school year.
* Leave those runway trends at home and opt for a simple, natural look like the one spotted on Blake Lively on the left. Taylor Swift and Katy Perry also rocked a similar look recently that can be duped with a tinted moisturizer, wash of eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
* Streamline your makeup bag – as if all those textbooks aren’t heavy enough! Carry only the essentials like a pressed powder for touching up, blotting papers if you can get oily and your favorite lip gloss.
* Drugstore brands are a great way to experiment with color without breaking the bank. mark, Flirt! and Rimmel London are all great lines that offer good products at reasonable prices. If you have extra money to blow, hit up MAC or Urban Decay.
* Teens and college students tend to have relatively good skin so keep a simple skincare regimen of just cleansing, moisturizing and using sun protection – and stick to it!
* The easiest way to make a statement? Change your hair style! Dying your hair a new color like Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole or getting a new cut are both great ways to freshen up your look.
For more tips on makeup for teens, refer to this.
Just as promised, here is my interview with celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine, whose clients include all the A-lists like Vanessa Williams, Iman, Queen Latifah, Tyra Banks, Oprah, Jennifer Hudson and more!