When it comes to eyeliner, blue is definitely Rihanna‘s signature color. Not only does the color go great with her caramel skin tone, it makes her hazel eyes look extra bright!
Rihanna with navy eyeliner and hot pink lips at the 2008 Nickelodeons Kids Choice Awards then again with a glittery, electric blue at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fashion’s Night Out.
Now that school has started, here are a few ways to keep you looking great for the school year.
* Leave those runway trends at home and opt for a simple, natural look like the one spotted on Blake Lively on the left. Taylor Swift and Katy Perry also rocked a similar look recently that can be duped with a tinted moisturizer, wash of eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
* Streamline your makeup bag – as if all those textbooks aren’t heavy enough! Carry only the essentials like a pressed powder for touching up, blotting papers if you can get oily and your favorite lip gloss.
* Drugstore brands are a great way to experiment with color without breaking the bank. mark, Flirt! and Rimmel London are all great lines that offer good products at reasonable prices. If you have extra money to blow, hit up MAC or Urban Decay.
* Teens and college students tend to have relatively good skin so keep a simple skincare regimen of just cleansing, moisturizing and using sun protection – and stick to it!
* The easiest way to make a statement? Change your hair style! Dying your hair a new color like Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole or getting a new cut are both great ways to freshen up your look.
For more tips on makeup for teens, refer to this.
Just as promised, here is my interview with celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine, whose clients include all the A-lists like Vanessa Williams, Iman, Queen Latifah, Tyra Banks, Oprah, Jennifer Hudson and more!
Lately, I have once again become obsessed with depotting and below is a freshly depotted pan of MAC eyeshadows.
Need ideas for prom? Check out supermodel/actress Devon Aoki‘s recent appearances at the 62th Cannes International Film Festival!
Devon might only be 5’5 but she sure knows how to rock long, flowy dresses. At the “Spring Fever” Premiere, she wowed the crowd in a violet one-shoulder Alberta Ferretti gown with a Swarovski clutch and Chopard earrings .
To show us how powder and liquid products work to contour and highlight, MAC Senior makeup artist Victor C and his partner Dana did two separate demonstrations on our gorgeous models, Angela and Christina.