My Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow finally came! It comes in cute little square jar with a black lid and the color that I got was Chrome Patina 3, a medium silver decked with tiny white gold glitter.
Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Chrome Patina 3
Fall is almost upon us and if you are not ready to say bye-bye to that golden summer glow, check out anti-aging expert Dr. Adrienne Denese‘s 4-step Exfoliate, Moisturize, Bronze and Protect approach on how to maintain it.
* Exfoliate. Dead skin cells can make your skin look dull and lifeless so make sure you exfoliate regularly for your skin’s natural radiance to shine through. This step is also extra crucial for those who use self-tanners. My picks are Skin Food Black Sesame Hot Mask or the good old Baking Soda mixed with a creamy cleanser.
* Moisturize. The scorching sun along with the AC all summer can really dehydrate your skin and kill skin cells. Dr. Denese recommends moisturizing your skin at least once a day. After cleansing, I like to use a hydrating toner followed by an oil-free moisturizer like NARS Aqua Gel Hydrator.
* Bronze. Prolong your fading summer glow with a self-tanner. I personally like to mix a liquid bronzer into my foundation to add warmth or blend NARS The Multiple Bronzer on the cheekbones towards the temple.
* Protect. Sun protection should be used through out the whole year, regardless of the weather. Remember to use a product with at least SPF 30. My favorite? Vichy Aqualia Thermal Lotion SPF 30 24 Hr Fortifying Moisturizer.
Ladies, it is official – color mascaras are back! Not only are they great for adding a pop of color to your face without breaking the bank, all it takes is a minute for you to put some on. Plus you can wear alone for a more dramatic look or layer over a coat of black mascara for a subtle tint.
It has been a while since I wore color mascaras but my first mascara was a mauve color from The Body Shop. And now that the 80s are back in full swing, you have no excuse not to put some color on those lashes.
Maria Menounos and Rihanna rocking blue mascara
How To Choose A Color Mascara
Below is a simple FOTD that anyone can wear to school. For more back to school beauty tips, check this out.
Now that school has started, here are a few ways to keep you looking great for the school year.
* Leave those runway trends at home and opt for a simple, natural look like the one spotted on Blake Lively on the left. Taylor Swift and Katy Perry also rocked a similar look recently that can be duped with a tinted moisturizer, wash of eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
* Streamline your makeup bag – as if all those textbooks aren’t heavy enough! Carry only the essentials like a pressed powder for touching up, blotting papers if you can get oily and your favorite lip gloss.
* Drugstore brands are a great way to experiment with color without breaking the bank. mark, Flirt! and Rimmel London are all great lines that offer good products at reasonable prices. If you have extra money to blow, hit up MAC or Urban Decay.
* Teens and college students tend to have relatively good skin so keep a simple skincare regimen of just cleansing, moisturizing and using sun protection – and stick to it!
* The easiest way to make a statement? Change your hair style! Dying your hair a new color like Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole or getting a new cut are both great ways to freshen up your look.
For more tips on makeup for teens, refer to this.