Monochrome is oh-so-hot right now! To wear the trend without getting a new wardrobe, simply incorporate it onto your face or nails.
For an easy doable look, simply do a black smoky eye with stark white eyeliner in the inner rim. Or if you have deep set eyes with a crease, try drawing a block of white eyeshadow on your entire lid (try Shu Umura M900 for a stark white color) and lining your upper and lower lash line with a black pencil.
The London Fashion Week kicked off earlier this week and here is my little report on next spring/summer’s beauty trends.
* The nude look is still a bit hit, only this time it is paired with a pop of color on the lips.
* Strong eyebrows
* Eyes strongly defined with lots of eyeliner
at the outer corner.
Temperley London and Biba
Images: Getty Images and Elle.
Red lips are oh-so-hot this season. It is spotted all over the runway, in magazines and makeup counters. But before you dig up your reds and start wearing them away, read on for a few tips on how to do the perfect red lips:
* Any shade of red – strawberry, burgundy, cherry, berry – is hot! The only reds you should avoid are metallic and glittery red. Self-explanatory.
* As for the finish, matte is definitely the way to go but if you do not have a perfect lip line like me or you are not used to bright colors, use a lip gloss or stain instead. I *love* MAC Tinted Lipglass in Russian Red!
Hey ladies, sorry for not updating! I just got back from the world’s most awesome fashion capital, Milan. Jealous huh? Just kidding! Anyway, here is my little report on what’s hot in Milan (other than the Italian boys! *lol*)
Different styles are spotted all over Milan but they can be narrowed down to the following:
* Choppy with lots and lots of layers
* Long straight hair with bangs
* Variations of the mohawk (think fauxhawk, fanned hawk, deathhawk)
When it comes to makeup, the look is kept very simple and clean. Minimal colors are used on the eyes and lips and a monochromatic theme is the key here. Bronze skin is also a must.
As for accessories, you will never see a Milanese without:
* Aviator shades
* Chunky necklaces
* Dogs (they literally bring their dogs everywhere!)