The Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week has officially ended last Friday and below are some of the trends spotted on the runway.
Trend 1: Nude Look
Yes the nude look is big again at the Spring 2009 shows. Models at the Marc by Marc Jacobs and MaxAzria shows were spotted with natural-looking skin, minimal eye makeup and barely there lips.
MAC just released its 2008 Spring/Summer looks. What do you guys think?
Here are a few tips to help your hair stay healthy and frizz-free under the scorching sun.
* To prevent your hair from getting fried, apply a product with UV filter like Kerastase Soleil Voile Protecteur before you go outdoors.
* Use a deep conditioning treatment at least twice a week and remember to comb through your hair after you applied it so the product is evenly distributed. Leave on for as long as you can. Rinse off with cold water to help seal the hair cuticles and add extra shine.
* Avoid further damage by limiting the use of curling irons and straightener in the summer and remember to always use a heat protection product like Toni & Guy’s Iron-It Heat Defence Spray before you curl/straighten your hair.
* Apply a small amount serum on the ends for extra shine. I like John Frieda Shine Shock Leave-on Perfecting Glosser for Brunettes.
* Never tie your hair up in the same spot. It will put extra strain on your hair and cause breakage.
* Dry your hair by squeezing out the excess water with a towel instead of rubbing it.
Unlike the gold eyeshadow we see last year, the color this year is more metallic with a bit of cool undertones. Below are two different ways to wear it as requested by Shellie.
Look #1: Gold + Silver = Cool Look
As spotted on the Chanel Spring 2007 runway, gold + silver eyes are oh-so-hot right now! To recreate the look, apply the silver color of Chanel Lumiere Dartifices ($75) on your entire upper eyelid and the gold color from the same palette on your lower eye. Alternatively, you try MAC Perverted Pearl eyeshadow and Jane Goldilocks.
As for the rest of your face, keep it as bare as possible. Use a tinted moisturizer and concealer to cover up all flaws and even out skin tone. Brush an eyebrow gel on your eyebrows. Draw a thin line along your upper lash line and apply several coats of black mascara. Finish the look with a slick of peachy pink lip color.
Here is the long-awaited tutorial on how to apply bronzer!
Hey ladies, sorry for not updating! I just got back from the world’s most awesome fashion capital, Milan. Jealous huh? Just kidding! Anyway, here is my little report on what’s hot in Milan (other than the Italian boys! *lol*)
Different styles are spotted all over Milan but they can be narrowed down to the following:
* Choppy with lots and lots of layers
* Long straight hair with bangs
* Variations of the mohawk (think fauxhawk, fanned hawk, deathhawk)
When it comes to makeup, the look is kept very simple and clean. Minimal colors are used on the eyes and lips and a monochromatic theme is the key here. Bronze skin is also a must.
As for accessories, you will never see a Milanese without:
* Aviator shades
* Chunky necklaces
* Dogs (they literally bring their dogs everywhere!)