At the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 movie premiere in Los Angeles yesterday, Nikki Reed stepped onto the red carpet showcasing a natural, yet sultry look. See how celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles for NYX Cosmetics and Wella Professionals stylist Mara Roszak created the look after the jump!
Using a foundation brush, Stiles swiped NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation in Warm Sand along the bridge of Reed’s nose, cheeks, chin and forehead and then used a BeautyBlender to drag the foundation to the outside of the face creating very sheer coverage. Stiles then applied NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand in Medium where needed and then set the foundation with NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder.
To maintain Reed’s natural glow, Stiles did subtle contouring using NYX Highlight and Contour Powder applying just a touch of product under the cheekbones. “I have been into very subtle contouring lately…and the key is subtle,” noted Stiles. “The trick is using a very soft brush and just a touch of product. It’s easier to build than take away!” Stiles then dabbed NYX Stick Blush in Hibiscus onto the apples of her cheeks.
Stiles applied NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Slate from Reed’s lash line just above the crease and below the bottom lashes, pressing it in and blending with her fingers. She then swept a light coat of NYX Single Eye Shadow in Sensual over the lid and then added NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Taupe to the waterline to create a sultry finish, without closing the eye. A few NYX Fabulous Lashes in Flare Lash Medium were then added to create fullness and length and then three coats of NYX Fly With Me Mascara were applied to Reed’s well curled upper lashes and two coats to the bottom lashes. To finish the look, Stiles filled in Reed’s brows with just a touch of the NYX Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown.
Stiles wanted the focus to stay on Reed’s strong, soft eyes so she finished with a warm, neutral lip using NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Tanned.
Mara gave Nikki Reed a structured and clean look that exuded luminosity to let her natural beauty take center stage.
1. Start by applying a couple pumps of Wella Professionals Flowing Form to damp hair and brush through.
2. Part hair using a rat tail comb, and blow out hair with a boar bristle round brush. To tame any fly aways, apply a dime sized amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance by rubbing into the palms of your hands and through hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
3. Pull hair tight to the nape of your neck and secured it with a Bungee elastic band.
4. Holding your pony, loop your hair under the elastic to create a small bun and secured with bobby pins.
5. Take the rest of your hair and wrapped it around the elastic.
6. To finish the look, lightly spray Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight to add extra shine and then mist all over with Wella Stay Essential Finishing Spray.