At the 84th Annual Academy Awards last night, Penelope Cruz wore a gorgeous blue Armani Privé gown with intense eyes and old Hollywood finger waves. Breakdown of the look after the jump!
Celebrity makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen made up Lancôme ambassador Penelope Cruz with sultrily rimmed eyes and soft cheeks and lips.
* La Base Pro Primer
* Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
* Star Bronzer – on cheeks and temple
* Blush Subtil in Rose Romantique – on apples of cheeks
* Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Gris Fatale
* Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black Lapis
* Ôscillation Powermascara in Black
* Le Lipstique Lip Colouring Stick in Bronzelle
* Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Delicate Lace
Channeling very old Hollywood glamour, Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte gave Penelope 1950s Grace Kelly finger waves. Here’s how Andy suggests getting the look:
1. Start with dry hair and use a small amount of Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse at the roots.
2. Set hair in steam hot rollers by rolling hair straight back from the head. This gives hair texture and curl. Use smaller rollers in the back to create a tighter curl, then pin hair underneath into a faux bob.
3. Lightly mist with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray, then back comb and tease at the root. Brush out the finger waves into place and set with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.