MAC In Lillyland Collection is finally out and my oh my, it is definitely one of my favorite MAC collections of all time!
The Pearlmatte Eyeshadow ($19.50) is a new, limited edition product. It contains 3 gorgeous shades – white, minty green and pink – that form the cutest floral motif inspired by the signature patterns of Lilly Pulitizer. The size of the compact is the same as MAC Powder Blush. The eyeshadows go on very smooth with a creamy texture. Pigmentation is on the sheer side but if you pat the color on with a dense brush, the color can be built up gradually. I have no idea why they call this “Pearlmatte” though. The finish is nowhere close to matte and it has a very nice sheen. I really hope MAC makes more colors.
The Pearlmatte Face Powder ($27.50) is very similar to the Pearlmatte Eyeshadow but for the face. It contains a light yellow-gold, a coral and two bronzes with the same flower pattern. The compact is the same size as MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, which is slightly bigger than the Pearlmatte Eyeshadow. Texture and pigmentation are identical to the Pearlmatte Eyeshadow. When you swirl a brush over all the colors and apply all over the face, it gives the perfect bronzy glow. Loves!
When it comes to blushes, I have always preferred powder but the Cremeblend Blush ($18.50) are *divine*! All the colors are stunning and densely pigmented. You can pat directly onto the cheeks with fingers for a more intense look or apply with a small stippling brush like MAC #188 Small Duo Fiber Face Brush for a sheerer, glowy look.
* Optimistic Orange – This is a bright coral that looks almost orange. It will look beautiful on darker skin.
* Joie-de-Vivre – This is a beautiful peachy coral and *perfect* for the summer.
* So Sweet, So Easy – This is a baby pink color that is fool-proof on lighter skin.
* Florida – This is such a gorgeous hot pink! I’m very tempted to get it but the color is really bright and both me and the ma concurred it would look better on darker skintones.
So Sweet, So Easy Cremeblend Blush
Joie de Vivre Cremeblend Blush
Florida Cremeblend Blush
The Paint Pots ($16.50) are all from the permanent line. The colors are pretty but nothing special. The texture and pigmentation are also great and they leave behind a metallic sheen.
* Rubenesque – A warm gold.
* Bare Study – A cool-toned whitish beige.
* Fresco Rose – A medium pink.
To read about the whole collection, click here.