To offset the soft, flowy collection at the Yigal Azrouel Fall 2009 show, the hair and makeup is all about rock and roll.
Makeup artist Polly Osmond from MAC created a super intense, matte, cat-like black eye with lots of black liner, eyeshadow and mascara. The rest of the face was left blank with little foundation and pale lips.
* Studio Sculpt Foundation applied in shades to match skin tone.
* Invisible Set Powder lightly brushed over the face to set foundation.
* Eye Kohl in Smolder drawn into waterline of the eyes
* Pro Chromacake in Black Black blended over the eyelids.
* Copperplate Eyeshadow brushed over lids and through the crease of the eyes.
* Plushlash Mascara in Black applied to top and bottom lashes.
* A drop of Studio Sculpt Foundation was blended onto the lips to pale down their natural color.
Below is a backstage clip from New York Magazine:
Credits: MAC and WWD.